Sunday, March 29, 2009

First!



Welcome to Omphalos.

I'm Stephen Martin: a software designer and developer in Toronto, Ontario. I'm probably not going to blow you away with my writing prowess but I think you'll find that I post some useful, and not easily found elsewhere, technical musings.

Over the years I've used FORTRAN, Lisp, C, C++, VB, C# and a couple of varieties of Assembly on VMS, Unix, Linux and Windows but I'm mainly into Windows system software and .Net at the moment so most posts (or at least the sample code illustrating them) will probably be .Net related for the foreseeable future.

I've turned off comments for this blog. While having comments directly attached to a blog article is convenient in many ways, I find that the more fluid style of conversation promoted by a discussion group is much more helpful in the long run. So, if you have any comments, good, bad or ugly, please join me at Omphalos Talk for further discussion.

Thanks for dropping by, I hope you find it useful and even, occasionally, entertaining.